Mark your calendar for Small business Saturday, which is scheduled for Saturday, November 24, 2012.
Small Business Saturday is a day to support the small businesses that fuel our economy and invigorate communities.
Make the pledge to Shop Small on November 24. What chamber businesses will you support?
Here are some facts about small businesses:
1. Did you know that small businesses generated 64% of new jobs created over the past 15 years?
2. Over 80% of small business owners say they often get new customers based on word of mouth.
3. According to the Small Business Saturday Consumer Spend Survey 2011 61% of consumers plan to shop at locally-owned clothing and accessories stores on November 24. Are you one of them? What will you buy on Small Busines Saturday?
4. As of 2012, female entrepreneurs employed approximately 7.7 million people.
5. Did you know the US Small Business Administration has special loans for veterans and active duty military personnel to start or expand a small business?
What if the 103 million people who shopped on Small Business Saturday support small businesses all year long? Take the pledge to Shop Small in 2012 and share it with your friends, family and customers!