Deciding where to invest your marketing dollars isn’t a decision you take lightly. In Business Solutions
Published: June 26, 2017, 7:07 p.m.
Updated: June 26, 2017, 7:07 p.m.
You know you need to attract new customers and keep your existing clients coming back, but you can’t afford to invest time or resources into something that isn’t going to deliver the results you expect. You know you need to be THE company your contacts think about when they need your service or products.
Email marketing is a cost-effective solution that gives you the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day — their inbox. There’s plenty of data to back up the benefits of email marketing. For example:
• 91 percent of US adults like to receive promotional emails from companies they do business with (MarketingSherpa, 2015)
• Email is almost 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter combined in helping your business acquire new customers. (McKinsey, 2014)
But if you really want to find out how email can work for your business, why not ask other small business owners and see how it worked for them?
We’re constantly on the lookout for the exciting and innovative ways our customers are using email marketing to build customer relationships and do more business.
Here are 10 reasons why Project Progress encourages businesses and organizations to utilize professional email marketing campaigns:
1. Build credibility: People do business with people they know, like, and trust. Email gives you the ability to build credibility with your audience by sharing helpful and informative content.
2. Generate calls: When done right, email marketing lets you reach the right person, with the right offer, at the right time.
3. Increase donations: As fundraising efforts continue to move online, nonprofits need to adapt their outreach efforts as well.
4. Strengthen relationships: If you want to build strong customer relationships, it’s important to have an effective tool to communicate with the people who matter most to your business. Email gives you the ability to stay top-of-mind and keep people engaged with your business during your busy season and the slower times of the year.
5. Improve communication: If your business depends on having a reliable way to communicate with your members and clients, you need to have a communication channel you can trust. For real estate management company, Buccini/Pollin Group, email has provided a reliable solution to keep tenants informed and up-to-date.
“We’ve had people say that they’ve really noticed that there’s more communication going on. It can be something small – maybe the garage doors aren’t going up or down – we try to send out an email right away letting our residents know that’s happening, and sometimes get an email right back saying thank you and that they appreciate it.”
6. Build your brand: With email, you can strengthen brand recognition with new and potential clients, and extend your reach when people forward or share your message with a friend.
7. Boost sales: When you have an audience of people who are interested in receiving updates from your business, you’ll be able to think differently about how you boost sales throughout the year.
8. Learn what works: Email marketing gives you the metrics you need to see how your emails are performing. These insights help you market smarter, and also give you the advantage of better understanding the needs and interests of your customer base.
9. Get started quickly: With email marketing software like Constant Contact, you’ll have the tools and training you need to get started quickly — regardless of your level of marketing experience or expertise. When you do get stuck, Project Progress is dedicated to helping you succeed.
10. Reach people on any device, where they are looking: With nearly two-thirds of all emails being opened on a mobile device, email marketing is one of the best tools you can use to take advantage of the growing popularity of mobile technology.
It is time to make your email marketing progress! We look forward to showing you how.