The Longview Chamber of Commerce represents the interests of business with government.
The Business Advocacy Committee meets regularly to help form timely and effective legislative agendas at the local, state, and federal level.
The Business Advocacy Committee also assists in the planning of several advocacy related events:
- Elected Officials Reception: A relationship-building program, once a year, that puts you shaking hands with our local elected officials.
- LongviewVotes.com: up-to-date information on advocacy efforts. Plus, write your national, state and local representative about legislation with the click of a button.
- Candidate Forums: Get to know the candidates and their issues. The chamber provides candidate forums for contested city, county, and state races.
- East Texas Coalition: We head to Austin and Washington D.C. as an East Texas Region meeting face-to-face with our elected officials on the issues that matter most to your business.
- Government Affairs Calls - during the Austin legislative session, the Chamber holds weekly 30-minute government affairs conference calls to update members on bills impacting business. Elected officials, experts, and guest speakers are invited to discuss critical issues.
Reach out to Suzanne Brown, 903.237.4003, firstname.lastname@example.org, to get invovled!