The Speakers Bureau offers Chamber members and community groups the expertise and insight on a variety of topics of interest to business professionals. These speakers can provide stimulating presentations, representing a wide range of professional specialties. Speaker formats include keynotes, lectures, panels and hands-on training.
How do I find a speaker?
Speakers are listed according to the topic of their presentations and alphabetically by last name. Requests for customized presentations will be assigned to a category and forwarded to all speakers listed within the category of the particular request. If a match is available, you will be contacted by the speaker within 7-10 business days.
If you need assistance, please contact The Office of Programs and Events at the Longview Chamber of Commerce at 903.237.4000.
- Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Personal Development
- Sales and Marketing
- Customer Service
- Continuous Improvement
How much advance notice is needed in booking a speaker?
The more notice we have, the better chance of successfully matching a speaker to your request. Please try to allow at least two month's lead time.
How much does it cost?
The speaker and the requesting organization should discuss any fees/honorariums in advance. In addition, you should also communicate any additional differences to eliminate misunderstandings. Please see the section on Successful Speaking Engagements for additional suggestions and important tips.
How can I be listed as a speaker?
As a member benefit, all members of the Longview Chamber of Commerce are eligible to be listed as a speaker at no charge. You must be a member in good standing to apply for participation. There is a maximum listing of two categories per speaker and/or company. Click this link to access the on-line Speaker Application Form or you may download a .pdf copy of the application here, Speaker Application. Please allow at least two weeks for a written response. Unless otherwise agreed, presentations should not incorporate marketing of any specific company or service offerings.
The non-member application fee is $300 per year.
Successful Speaking Engagements
Tips for Successful Speaking Engagements
- Allow a minimum of two months’ notice to ensure availability.
- Speaking engagements should be a minimum of 60 minutes; 45 minutes speaking, with 15 minutes for question and answer. Presentations can be longer based on your group's needs. Discuss with your speaker your particular needs.
- This program is voluntary; therefore, a specific speaker may not always be available when you need them. Feel free to contact the Longview Chamber and we may be able to suggest another speaker for you.
- Make sure you communicate details about your meeting (date, time, length of presentation, location), your audience, goals and purpose of your program, how many people will be in attendance, and any special podium or A/V needs.
- Prior to the event, re-confirm with your speaker the details of the speaking engagement, including handout information and overnight accommodations, if necessary.
- Should a speaker be unable at the last minute to fulfill the engagement -- due to illness, work emergency, or personal emergency -- please contact the Longview Chamber and we will try to secure a replacement. If you should need to cancel the program, please contact the speaker as soon as possible. Expenses already incurred by the speaker may need to be covered by the canceling organization.
- Discuss and confirm in writing with the speaker what expenses will be covered by your organization, if any.
- Unless previously agreed, speakers agree not to sell or promote any personal products or services.
- Ask the speaker in advance if you desire to videotape the session.
- Ask attendees to evaluate the speaker. Provide general feedback on the speaker's presentation within 10 days of the program.
- After the presentation, one of the nicest ways to show your appreciation for the speaker's time and effort is to send a letter of appreciation -- please copy the Chamber of Commerce at the following address:
Longview Chamber of Commerce
410 N Center St.
Longview TX 75601