HealthyVIEW of East Texas
CUSTOMERS, PENDING THE OUTCOME OF AN APPEAL BY THE
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR.
In March there was a ruling from Judge John D. Bates of the District of Columbia which strikes down parts of the rules on Association Health Plans, one being geographical plans such as the HealthyVIEW of East Texas Employers Health Plan Cooperative. The Department of Labor has filed an appeal against this decision.
The Longview Chamber of Commerce learned on May 7 that The Department of Labor did request their appeal on April 26; however the DOL did not request that the Court “stay” the ruling as part of the appeal, which would have allowed the ruling to be put on hold awaiting the appeal decision. This means that the District Court’s decision will go into effect and will remain in effect unless and until it is reversed on appeal. As a result, CCEHPC will have to pause quoting any new employer participant groups until we get further direction from the DOL. It is important to note: Any plans quoted through May 6 will be honored and groups already implemented will be able to retain their plan for the full contract policy.
Contact Kelly Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
LOOKING FOR AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES?
Chambers of Commerce were founded on the idea that the power of small businesses is mighty when they unite and join forces. This is why the Longview Chamber of Commerce is proud to provide our member businesses with affordable health and wellness coverage through HealthyVIEW of East Texas.
The Chamber Board of Directors determined that expanding coverage options with Association Health Plans will provide huge support for our business members. Through the HealthyVIEW of East Texas plan the Chamber will give small businesses the buying power and flexibility of a large business.
- Chamber Membership
- Find a Broker
- Press Release - LCC Association Health Plan Press Release
- Introduction to Save on Health Care Costs
- Participating Chambers of Commerce
Chairman of the Board, Richard Manley, on the Chamber's HealthyVIEW of East Texas Insurance Plan
Benefits of HealthyVIEW of East Texas:
- Unlimited lifetime max
- Preventive care covered at 100%
- $0 co-pay telemedicine benefit on most plans (unlimited)
- Personalized weight loss program with one-on-one virtual coaching (included at no cost)
- Quit for life smoking cessation program with one-on-one coaching (included at no cost)
- Maternity benefits and coverage (all plans)
- Prescription drug coverage (all plans)
- Mental health/substance abuse coverage (all plans)
- $0 doctor visit for children (under 19) - available on most plans (unlimited)
- National network coverage
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to be a Chamber partner to join the HealthyVIEW of East Texas Plan? Yes. Business MUST be a member in good standing with their local chamber of commerce. For membership information to the Longview Chamber click here or contact the Chamber at 903.237.4000.
- What are the benefits of the HealthyVIEW of East Texas Plan for my company’s health coverage? Benefits include access to unique plan designs and pricing exclusively available to members of the Longview Chamber of Commerce with an expanded nationwide network.
- How much money will my company save? Company Savings could be up to 15% depending on company and employee demographics.
- Is my business eligible for HealthyVIEW of East Texas Plan? If you reside in one of the 31 counties (view plan foot print here), and your business is a member in good standing with the Longview Chamber of Commerce OR your LOCAL Chamber of Commerce with 2-50 employees, then your business is eligible!
- How will my business and our employees be rated? No medical underwriting is required for Longview Chamber members. Guaranteed coverage for pre-existing conditions. Rating is based on company demographics and census information, not based on health conditions.
- What is the HealthyVIEW of East Texas Plan foot print? Click here to view eligible counties.
- When will the HealthyVIEW of East Texas Plan coverage first effective date take place? Our target date for launch is November 1, 2018.
- Is this a "skinny" plan? NO, these are NOT "skinny" plans. These are UnitedHealthCare's® most popular plans that are offered today to large employers nationwide.