How can the Chamber help me build my professional skills?
The Chamber offers a variety of programs, seminars, workshops, and online classes to help you develop the skills you need to excel in business. The offerings range from a 9 month Leadership Longview program to monthly events and much more.
- Leadership Longview
- Leadership Longview is a nine-month program for 25-30 local professionals. The class members are trained in leadership, community education, and peer connections to help them better lead our community. The monthly sessions consist of Community and Economic Development, Tours of local businesses, Emergency Services, Education, Criminal Justice and Public Safety, Quality of Life and Social Services and ends with a community project fully planned and executed by the class. After completion, a graduation ceremony is held in conjunction with the Small Business Awards Luncheon.
- Business Development Programs
- Business Development is a prime element of our Core Competencies. The Chamber offers classes and tools to its membership that will help develop their business skills and their business directly. Business Development Programs are held frequently at the Chamber office to enhance the professional development of our members. Programs range from Leadership to Social Media Training. Attendance is between 15 and 60 depending on the program offered.
- Business Solutions Center – NEW!
- It's time to celebrate our Centennial with the launch of our NEW Business Solutions Center! By January 15, 2016 the chamber will have unveiled their new one-stop shop to finding business resource information.
- Business Solutions Conference
- The Business Solutions Conference (BSC) brings together CEOs, business owners, decision makers and front-line employees to offer a one-stop shop for continuing education, peer-group learning opportunities, interactive vendor presentations and special show floor only deals.
- Business Solutions Online Training Center
- The Business Solutions Online Training Center is a complete resource for Longview businesses. This unique feature of the Longview Chamber website offers online training for professionals, as well as other resources to help businesses grow. The online classroom offers workshops addressing critical business topics and offering tools to navigate and thrive in the ever-changing demands of the 21st century workplace. It's professional development - anytime, anywhere.
- Discover Longview Training
- The Discover Longview Training focuses on teaching attendees to appreciate all the interesting and exciting things there are to do in Longview. This training serves as an employee engagement tool to help recruit and retain a quality workforce for Longview. Along the way, participants will learn important tips to ensure that visitors have a great experience and recommend the city to others. Training is offered at 3 times each year and class size is limited. Graduates receive course materials, tours of local and area attractions, lunch and a certificate of completion.